Board of Governors
IIIT PPP Act 2017 (Clause no. 14) is follwed during the formation of the Board of Governors for Indian Institute of Information Technology Senapati, Manipur.
- Three eminent persons, of which at least one shall be a woman, appointed by the Board out of industry, research laboratories, and civil society.
- From Industry: Dr. Thangjam Dhabali Singh
Chairman & Managing Director, BABINA Group of Companies.
- From Research Laboratories: Prof. Joyanti Chutia, Ph.D, F.N.A.Sc. Emeritus Scientist
Institute of Advanced Study in Science & Technology, Guwahati, India
- From Civil Society: Yet to nominate
- Two eminent academicians appointed by the Board
- Prof. Sashindra Kr. Kakoty, IIT Guwahati
- Prof. Utpal Sharma, Tezpur University
- Director of an Indian Institute of Technology or a National Institute of Technology located in the region, to be nominated by the Board
- Prof. Gautam Sutradhar, Director, NIT Manipur
- One person from the Scheduled Castes or the Scheduled Tribes distinguished in the field of education or industry or social service or public service,
to be nominated by the Board, in case any of the above do not belong to the Scheduled Castes or the Scheduled Tribes.
- Already fulfilled
Prof. Joyanti Chutia, Ph. D, F.N.A.Sc. Emeritus Scientist, Institute of Advanced Study in Science & Technology
- One nominee each of the Central Government and the concerned State Government
- Two members from the faculty of the Institute, preferably one Professor and one Associate/Assistant Professor, to be nominated by the Senate
- Dr. Sarbajit L Singh, Assistant Professor
- Dr. Subasit Bora, Assistant Professor
- Director of the Institute, ex-officio
- Prof. Amarendra Kumar Das
- Registrar of the Institute, non-member Secretary
Governing Body (2015 - 2020)
The first Board constituted by the Central Government in consultation with the State Government and Industry Partners.
This Board shall function till such a time as the Board is constituted in accordance with the provisions in the Rules and Regulations.
The names, addresses and occupations and designations of the first Members of the Governing Body of the Society to which, by the Rules
and Bye-laws of the Society, the management of its affairs is entrusted, are:
- Chairman: Secretary, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Member: Chief Secretary, Government of Manipur, India.
- Member: Additional Secretary (Technical Education), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Member: Director (IIITs/IITs), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Member: Financial Advisor, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Member: Principal Secretary/Commissioner(IT), Department of Information Technology, Government of Manipur, India
- Member: Director, National Institute of Technology Manipur, India.
- Member: Vice Chancellor, Manipur University, India.
- Member: Director, MIPDCO, India.
- Member: Director, IIIT Senapati, Manipur, India.
- Member: Registrar, IIIT Senapati, Manipur, India.